Imagine that you got yourself a brand new Xiaomi smartphone and took it with you in your daily life. But one day, when you arrived home, you found your phone is lost. Everyone knows the feeling of losing something, when the thing is a mobile phone, it becomes much more suffering. MI Cloud will do some help for you. So here we bring you how you can lock your Xiaomi device with the help of Xiaomi Cloud.
The Xiaomi Cloud hides certain functionalities that you should definitely know about. Beyond being able to locate our smartphone or even put it to ring even if it is in silent mode, we can also block it if we have lost it or it has been stolen.
Thanks to the lost mode, we can block access to our Xiaomi, Redmi, or POCO remotely and thus prevent anyone who finds it or has stolen it from having access to our photos, videos, social networks, etc.
When activating the lost mode, the device in question will be blocked, being necessary to start our Mi Account in this to unlock it. In addition, MIUI will regularly update the location, sending an SMS if necessary to establish a better location. Likewise, access to the different payment methods that we have established (My Pay, Google Pay …) will also be blocked.
Make sure the “Find Device” option is enabled in the Mi Cloud settings on your phone. Actually, “Turn on Find Device” is the precondition of finding your Xiaomi phone through MI Cloud.
If you didn’t lose your phone, you’d better take precautions before it’s too late. Check it on your phone and activate it right now! If you don’t know how to do this, read the instructions below.
How to lock your Xiaomi if it has been stolen or you have lost it
If unfortunately your Xiaomi has been stolen or you have lost it, locking it remotely is very simple and fast. To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of Xiaomi Cloud and log in: https://i.mi.com/
- Once inside, all you have to do is go to the ” Find device ” section and choose the device in question.
- After that, we will only have to click on ” Lost mode ” and accept the conditions.
In this way, we will be able to block our Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO lost or stolen, all in a matter of seconds.
If Find my device is not activated on your device, here’s the way how to activate it.
Turn on “Find Device” in Mi Cloud settings
1) Find “MI Account” in the “Settings” and sign in to your Mi Account on your phone. If you don’t have a MI account, please click “Create an account”.
2) The next step is to login MI Cloud, if it’s the first time you doing this, you will see “MI Cloud needs permissions”, just click “Got it”.
3) Finally, you can see “Find Device” at the bottom of the menu, click to activate it.