Download Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi Note 7 with Magisk. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 was announced in January 2018 in China and features a radical change in design as compared to its predecessor. The Redmi Note 7 features a waterdrop-style notch and features a glass body. The highlight of the phone is the 48MP camera on the back which allows one to take photos in high resolution with little detail loss.
The phone launched in China starting 999 Yuan which roughly converts to Rs 10,300, going all the way up to 1399 Yuan (roughly Rs 14,000). And if you are lucky to grab the device and you want to install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmin Note & then you are at the right place.
TWRP recovery is one of the most popular custom recovery software to be installed on any Android smartphone. It lets you make the device most of it by flashing custom ROMs, Mods, make nandroid backups, rooting and more. It is worthy to note that flashing TWRP recovery and Rooting your Redmi Note 7 smartphone is not an operation supported by Xiaomi or Google, so this tutorial cannot be associated with your OEM. Moreover, these tools are developed by third-party devs so your phone warranty will be voided once you proceed with the below procedure. However, the warranty can be again gained back by flashing stock firmware.
Before we take you to the TWRP recovery installation process, first you need to fulfill the below pre-requisites in order to assure everything is well-prepared and the process goes smooth.
- The following TWRP installation & rooting guide is compatible only with Redmi Note 7. Don’t try to install on any other Xiaomi/Android model.
- Download Minimal ADB Tool & Install latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlocking – Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging – Enable (If you have not activated Developer options, then Go to Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times > You are now a developer).
- Ensure the battery level on your device is more than 70% at the time of starting the installation procedure.
- Bootloader of your device should be unlocked. You can follow our guide on how to unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi device.
- Backup all your data to a safe location. You can also download third-party backup tools from Google Play Store.
Disclaimer: AllAboutXiaomi should not held for damaging or bricking of your device during or after the procedure which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly.
- All Tools to Root Redmi Note 7/Redmi Note 7S – Download
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7
Step 1: First Install ADB and USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 2: Now copy the downloaded TWRP file to platform-tools.
Step 3: In the same folder, hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space.
Step 4: Select “Open PowerShell window here”. If its Command Prompt then click on it.
Step 5: Boot your Redmi Note 7 in Fastboot Mode (power off your phone and then keep holding the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously).
Step 6: Connect your phone to PC through USB.
Step 7: Enter the following command to ensure that your device is being properly detected. It will return ID with fastboot message.
Step 8: Finally, install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 7 using the command below:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Here, twrp.img is the name of the file. Make sure the name matches the file which you have downloaded.
Step 9: Once complete, you can reboot your phone into the OS.
Watch this video if you didn’t got it.
How to Root Redmi Note 7
Step 1: Download the Magisk root zip file and other files from above download section to your device storage.
Step 2: Turn off your device and boot into TWRP recovery.(hold simultaneously the ‘Power’ button and the ‘Volume Up’ button for a few second)
Step 3: From recovery main menu, perform Wipe > Format Data > Yes.
Step 4: Go back to main menu and tap on ‘Install’. Next you need to choose the Magisk .zip file which you have saved to device storage in Step 1.
Step 5: Once installed, tap on Reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully done Rooting of your Redmi Note 7 smartphone. You can cross verify root permission by downloading and installing “Root Checker” from Google Play Store. Enjoy!