Are you looking for third party theme on MIUI and want to know how to install third party theme on MIUI 11 or MIUI 10 or on your Redmi Note 8 or any other Xiaomi Devices running MIUI 11/10. Don’t worry here we will learn about how to install third party themes and how to use them on your Favorite MIUI Phone. Many users are asking us questions that how to install MIUI themes mtz file and how to Install third party theme on MIUI.
So here we are providing you all the details about these third party MIUI themes. To apply these themes you don’t need to root your phone or unlock the bootloader. We tested this method on Our Redmi Note 8, Redmi 7 and Redmi Note 7S and Redmi K20 running MIUI 11 and successfully installed the third party MIUI themes.
Many users are complaining that after MIUI 9.5 update, they are not able to install third party themes. Don’t worry we are here to help you. And also the theme went to default theme while they where installing third party theme using MIUI Theme Editor.
The process is very easy and takes a few minutes to complete the whole task. You don’t have to apply for MIUI theme designer to apply third party themes. Below are all the steps which you can follow on how to install third party theme on MIUI 11 and MIUI 10.
How to Install Third Party Theme on MIUI 11
Method 1: Permanent Solution(Won’t go to default Theme)
1. Download and install this App: MiXplorer
2. After installing open the App.
3. Enable Show hidden globally & recursively
4. Now open Settings Menu > Additional settings > Full screen display and select Buttons.
5. Now again Go to Settings > Additional settings > Button shortcuts > Close current app > select Long press the Back button
6. Now Go to Themes App and start downloading any theme.
7. After the download has finished and you see importing theme Long Press Back Button as soon as possible and you will get message Force closed Themes.
8. Go to MiXplorer > (Go to)Browse your theme file > Open it > And Copy Everything Except description.xml File.
9. Now Go to MIUI > theme > .download > you will a mtz file.
10. Open that mtz file > delete everything except description.xml file.
11. Paste the files you copied from your third party theme.
12. Open Themes App & Apply the Third Party Theme and done.
Watch below video if you didn’t got it.
Method 2: Using My Themer App
Step 1: Go to Play Store and install My Themer for MIUI app.
Step 2: Open it and click on the + plus button at the bottom.
Step 3: Select the file which you want to install (.mtz file). Click on Hamburger Menu on top left corner for File Manager.
Step 4: Tap on OK. And wait till the file is unpacking.
Step 5: Click on the Theme Name and Select Pack Theme and Apply.
Step 6: Then it will show a prompt Theme Packed. Apply Now. Click Yes to apply theme.
Step 7: And Boom! Your Third Party Theme has been Installed.
Note: Your theme will be applied but it will not show applied in your theme centre.